Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday's Quote (and a thought from me)


Don't above all things, forget that you are a woman;
she is far more attractive when seen in the flowing draperies
that centuries of use have made their own,
than when masquerading as a man.

~Author Unknown

I must admit I don't wear dresses or skirts more than once or twice a week (even though I said I would do so everyday in a post a while back...ooops!), but I think there is nothing more beautiful than a woman who is truly feminine.

The beauty of a feminine woman not only comes from the way she dresses, but the way she she speaks, acts, and how she carries herself. A woman who can be truly feminine, with confidence, is really a remarkable woman, especially in this day and age.

One of the blogs I follow (can't remember which) has a separate page called "A Year of Dresses" (or something like that). Everyday she (the blogger) post a picture of which dress she is wearing, and even if it's one she's worn before she seems to wear the dress in a different way than before just by changing a sweater, etc...

I really loved this idea!

I'm more of a skirt girl myself. I love long flowy, almost bohemian style skirts, although I wear many different styles.

Anyhow, finding this blog really has me thinking, and I just might do "A Skirt A Day" or something like it next year. I really am for any opportunity to promote and encourage women (myself included) to dress more like women, and also to dress more modestly.

Who's with me?? :)

3 comments:

  1. I am! :)

    I along with my mother and sister started wearing skirts almost every day once we started attending daily Mass a few years back. We no longer attend the daily NO Mass {we are praying for a TLM daily Mass closer to our home} but we still wear skirts almost every day or at least I do. I love wearing skirts! They are so comfy and feminine! I love long flowy ruffled skirts too, and am glad to see many stores carrying them this summer!

    Have a blessed day!

    ~Constance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly, I think its great to dress modestly. However, do I think skirts mean dressing more femininely? No I can't agree with you. In addition, its just not practical all the time and in fact, often make me feel less feminine when the skirts are unflattering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wearing skirts and dresses too! They make me feel beautiful and feminine ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...