Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Fashion Friday!

Today I chose my favorites from Shade Clothing. I know it's spring and we want pretty colors and prints, but I did not find a lot of that in their shop. The skirts that did meet that requirement were a bit ( a lot) too short for my taste.

However I do like comfortable clothing and for me I think the below items are great additions to my closet (except I just did some clothes shopping, so they will have to wait) and can be paired with many things. Ok, maybe not the dress, but I do like it!!

T-shirt Dress


Stripe Hoodie


Tank
(tanks & cami's $9.50)


Bomber Zip Jacket


Chunky Open Cardigan


4 comments:

  1. Dear Molly--I sympathize with your quest for skirts that are not so short. I'm much older than you are, so I'm not seeking longer skirts for the sake of modesty necessarily, but because I look better in them due to age/body type. Last year, before we went on a trip to Europe, I ended up buying a few skirts from Orvis that were long and flowing. They were okay, but kind of dowdy. Hard to find something in between--not too revealing (of old knees in my case) but still attractive.--

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can add that I also have a problem with too long. I am only 5'1" and most skirts long skirts are way too long for me. Ugh!

      I really need to learn how to use a sewing machine!

      Delete
  2. Do you mean a sewing machine would be good for making skirts or shortening them? I've had good luck taking long skirts to a dry cleaner's that does alterations. Pin the hem to the length you want, and they'll take it from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking more about shortening them. Although I would love to learn how to make them from scratch, but that's way down the line...

      Thanks for the idea about the dry cleaners. I'll have to give that a shot.

      Delete

Please keep it clean!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...